Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meanwhile, in Ohio...


Neo, the last CCI puppy I raised, was successfully placed as a successor service dog in a side placement at CCI this week! Since I am currently in Belgium, I did not get to meet his partner or see Neo, but I did send a letter to CCI for them to give to Neo's partner. I got an e-mail from his new "Mom" yesterday!

"OMG! I've met Neo, and he's such a sweetheart! He has done so well today. I'm impressed. He has been very easy to work with. I'd love to have a scrapbook of him. He looked so cute as a pup. It was a real hard decision to get another dog, but he is making it so much easier. You should know that he will be loved dearly, and I can't thank you enough for all that you've done to help me and others. I don't know how you do it.

Thanks again!
------- and Neo"


My heart is full and happy! Neo is where he was born and raised to be, and this is the perfect beginning to end Neo's story with me!

A puppy raiser friend of mine who raised Neo's partner's previous service dog (the dog passed away earlier this year at the age of 14 or so), had lunch with her yesterday and snapped a photo of Neo for me. I'm attaching it. He looks great!

Thank you for supporting and encouraging me through this journey!
Have a great weekend!

~ Mary Beth

No comments: